The Classic Spanish Omelette is delicious and definitely an easy dish to cook. I have modified the seasonings to suit my preference .
My recipe is great for 4 pax.
1) 4 Potatoes sliced to approx 2mm thick, soaked in water for 15 mins.
2) 2 large onions, chopped
3) 3 whole eggs, beaten
4) 2 small garlic, diced
1) Mix garlic into the beaten eggs.
2) Preheat frying pan and story fry potato slices and onions until golden brown.
3) Add cooked potatoes and onions into egg mixture and mix it evenly.
4) Season mixture (3) with 1 table spoon of salt or to taste. Add in a little butter for fragrance but is optional if you do not have butter.
5) Preheat frying pan a 2nd time with olive oil and pour in egg mixture on medium fire for approx 2-3 mins, or until base is cooked. (Note : to cover frying pan while cooking and add olive oil to the sides of the frying pan)
6) Flip it over , with the help of a plate , to the other side and let it cook for another 2-3mins on reduced fire, or until it is cooked.
This is the perfect dish for all potato and egg lovers. It is a simple yet a classic dish often cooked by Spanish.
And this definitely fills up your hunger in no time.